A dental crown is a permanent tooth-shaped restoration. It is placed over the portion of the tooth that is visible above the gumline and is used to build up teeth that are worn down, cracked, misshapen, discolored, or weak for any other reason.
The Dental Crown Procedure
The traditional crown procedure includes the following steps:
- Initial Consultation | Schedule an appointment to come see Dr. Torgerson for an exam and consultation. He will take a look at your teeth and describe your options to you. Together you can discuss whether or not a dental crown is right for you.
- Tooth Preparation | If a dental crown is the perfect solution, Dr. Torgerson will prepare the tooth for the crown. He may reshape and build up the tooth, or he may file it down to make room for the crown, depending on the state of the tooth.
- Taking Impressions | Your dentist will take impressions of the prepared tooth and send them to the lab, where they will create a crown that will fit your tooth seamlessly.
- Permanent Bonding | When your dental crown is ready, you will return to the office, where Dr. Torgerson will permanently bond the crown to the tooth. He will use a local anesthetic to make sure you remain comfortable. A bonding glue will cement the crown in place.
- Begin Benefitting | Once your permanent crown is in place, you can start benefitting from your new and improved smile!
Advantages of Dental Crowns
Just a few of the advantages of our custom-made dental crowns include:
- Tooth preservation
- Easier speaking and eating
- An even, full, and beautiful smile
- Long-lasting solution
A dental crown may be the best way for you to achieve a healthy and dazzling smile. Give us a call at Triumph Dental today to set up an appointment.